Monday, April 21, 2003

Today I got this mail from my manager after a particularly bad session (the underlining is mine):
This is just to recollect our first performance review meeting during the last week of March 2003. At such a meeting we reviewed your progress and had mutually agreed to the fact that you had a lot of quick catchups to be done to be in tune with our expectation from an average performer working with us for 6 months or more.
You may also recollect my opinion to you that after being with us for 6 months, fixing one or two average bugs a month, which you were acheiving at that time, is much below our expectation, which you too have agreed with. With our subsequent meetings on April 7th and today, we have observed that you were still in the same level as you were a month ago, as you were in agreement with me today, and have not seen any significant performance improvement from your side from such time.
While I am concerned on this situation, I am also keen on working with you closely to identify any scopes of improvement from your side and help you to get on to the track to meet the expectation. Please let me know if you face any difficulty in understanding any specific areas/process, which I will work to get you some help with.
"
Well, this is where they lay the ground work to throw me out if things do not go well. Better get my act together...and start polishing up that resume!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home