Friday, April 11, 2003

Got up groggy. Dunno why. So came in at around 12. And then was thinking and working hard on a customer bug I have. Working really hard. When my manager called me up for some discussion.

Things rapidly went downhill from this point onward. We had a "discussion" (read: i'm about to get it good and proper) about the my bug closures for this week. Which, infact, are zero. As I was tackling a bug which had three bugs submerged into it. Two of them could have been fixed by yesterday but for a problem with the third. So since someone decided to tackle three bugs through one (for valid reasons actually), I got shafted.

All this after I had been working very hard for the last 2-3 weeks. This time I wasn't pissed off, I was furious. Beet red and all that. Really angry. As if just bug closure rate is the end all rather than actual work accomplished. Typical corporate dilbert attitude. No, typical fscking dilbert attitude. Something tells me it is time to start updating my resume. And just when I was starting to get into the groove of this whole thing and come up with some new ideas. Sigh, such is life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home