Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Today was a tough day. Manager's asked me to try to mung 3-4 bugs by this weekend, and that is way more than my current rate (more like 2 or 3 bugs going in parallel taking 4-5 days). Panic time!

So today, I killed my gaim (a yahoo messenger replacement for gnu/linux), didn't check email for a long while and didn't talk much to people either. Made decent progress, methinks the targets look acheiveable :-). What I am worried about is if this will set a bad precedent. If this is what will be expected every week. I need time to goof-off, keeps me sane ;-). Let's see...

I've settled down into a nice rhythm: come late to office (after 11 am) and leave late (around 11 pm). Makes more sense since I tend to leave late even if I come in early. People do give me weird looks when I walk in, but then "conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative"! My hair (which I haven't cut since august) also tends to attract glances. Can't say I don't like it, the shock value is fun ;-)

Finally got gnu emacs cvs using this cool program called desproxy . It also allows me to irc via erc (the emacs irc client). Infact mailed the author Miguelanxo Otero Salgueiro and thanked him for writing such a wonderful program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home