Tuesday, March 18, 2003

It was a great weekend! Insanely great! Silvermane (aka Noufal) was down here and we had fun :-). He was supposed to arrive sometime early saturday and give me a call. I kept getting up every 10 minutes from 6'o clock onward worrying if my mobile's switched off and why doesn't he call? All this after I had slept at 3'o clock grokking some perl. Anyway he called up finally, and I started to head out.

He was supposed to be at this IBS bus stand. I had NO idea where that is, but I decided to wing it. First mistake. Then I apparently decided it is somewhere in the direction of Secundrabad bus stand. Second mistake. The Big FSCKING mistake. So I finally end up at Secundrabad railway station and ask a traffic policeman where the hell is IBS? It turns out it is like kilometeres from where I am, and no clean way to get there. So I start to start going. Stop every half kilometer and ask someone. On the way I found out IBS stands for Imlibund Bust Stand. Interesting name. After about one hour of going round in circles and blind alleys I reach the place, but only after a kind auto driver tells me to follow him through a narrow passage of twisted little alleys, all alike. So Thank you auto guy! :) And there was silvermane, in all his glory.

Now we were supposed to head home, get some breakfast and get cosy. Um, the universe had different ideas. We had to, you see, get home to begumpet from somewhere in Imlibund and I had no idea about the spatial (or even temporal) relation between them. So again winging it, this time only since I was already chatting with silvermane, I'm asking people very infrequently and just randomly deciding left or right every junction. Kinda like hoping if we make enough turns we'd finally get somewhere I'd recognize (a million monkeys on a million typewriters...), aka if we ignore a problem it'd go away. Unsurprisingly after approximately an hour we end up on something which vaguely looks like the bombay highway with huge trucks passing us by. At this point both of us realized (I suspect silvermane knew it all along) that I need some serious advice. So shedding my studly ego aside I start asking people frequently. After something like 10 mins I realize we are somewhere in Banjara Hills and I know the road. After another 15 mins, we are passing through Panjagutta and finally reach Begumpet. Home! Sweet Home!

(to be concluded...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home