Friday, October 31, 2003

updated website

hurray!

Finally figured out how to upload stuff to my website's ftp server from behind the corporate firewall. All thanx to TransConnect.

So i fix the links in the writings section, update the bookmarks and contacs, fix some speliling mistakes and all that. Not a good idea to post a link here, those in the know will know where to look :-)

And I rented some hosting space from b-one. On recommendation of lurwas from #emacs. Pretty reasonable rates, around $38 annual for 125 MB of webspace and a domain registration. The only thing missing is ability to run cgi-bin scripts (which I wanted for running the MovableType blogging tool).

My previous hosting provider had me paying almost nearly $26 for measly 2 MB of space! And recently they misconfigured the virtual host and it was used by spammers, got blacklisted by spamhaus and /me lost quite some mail. Net4Domains if you must know. Atleast with the new hosting I can upload pics and other stuff. Or post MP3s and dare RIAA :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home