Sunday, September 28, 2003

Eternal Golden Braid

These days I'm reading Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid, an amazing book about almost everything. It is certainly turning my head into mush, forcing me to think about a lot of things which I had stopped thinking about a long time ago. Since childhood.

The review mentions "some compared reading it to giving birth" . This is true.

The other book I'm messing around with is Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs which is another heavy read. Deals with functional programming, lisp and indeed thinking about programming at a very basic level. Challenges a lot of assumptions I had since I started coding, and provides the reasoning behind the others. All in all, a classic.

My mind is being reamed by these two books; and I'm especially happy about it. Maybe out of the reamed mush something good will come out...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home