Tuesday, September 02, 2003

trip to bangalore...

I missed writing about my trip to bangalore. I went there some 2 weeks ago, and had a blast. After a long long time I took a day [friday] off, and caught a bus on thursday evening.

Presto! On Friday morning I reach bangalore. Roshan ("Papa Rosh" aka OCR), being the kind soul he is, came to pick me up from the Bus stand which is almost like 15-20 kms from where they live. Having arrived at their pad, met nkv ("silvermane" aka "nkv rao only") and Jubi. Talked to them a lot. And then we proceeded to open up the laptop (Yay!).

The painful story of Laptop-XP-Debian is recounted somewhere else, so I won't dwell on it here. Me and Jubi went out to some excellent chinese lunch. Came back and slept for 3-4 hours (did I mention the bus I was on was extremely uncomfortable and played a bad movie and I coulnd't get much sleep? I didn't? Good). Evening was again fun as we went out for some dinner with all the guys.

Met G$, mridul, apte after a long time and felt good about it, caught up on what;s been happening. Lots of riding around town. Java City (excellent coffee shop with live music), Oxford bookstore (sit-read-order-tea bookstore with a good slection of books), Ring road.

Sigh, I feel so good just thinking about it :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home