Thursday, July 31, 2003

office stupidity

I've been getting worked up about a policy my office has:
I sit on the 4th floor. Whenever there is a mail/courier for me which requires my signature (which is, almost all mail, since my cell service provider is paranoid that I might not get my bill (heaven forbid!), so they *have* to courier it ofcourse. Ditto for every other service I subscribe for) I get a call from the 3rd floor security "Sir, please come and collect your courier" (yes, "Sir", colonial hangover I guess).

And then I have to go down one floor for the freaking package. Sign for it and come back up. Kills my mojo like anything. I mean, I could understand it if they couldn't get it inside the building without my signature (sort of anyway, that sucks too). But they're already getting it to the 3rd floor! One more floor can't hurt!

I talked to the guy delivering the stuff to me, and it seems they have only one register to all incoming/outgoing couriers. Sigh, this big an ERP company, with EDI and e-this and e-that and I have to sign a 15 bucks register, which is a single resource for 6 floors. Talk about bottlenecks.

Time to get off my soapbox...:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home