Sunday, February 16, 2003


This week has been pure hell. working late and hard (the `late' part hurts more). A new release is supposed to go out soon and deadlines are fast approaching. One day stayed back til 5 am (think it was Friday). Today is a sunday and I'm still at it (though at a leisurely pace).

The biggest issue is that the evelopment environment/tools are far inferior to what I'm used (C under GNU/Linux with all the awesome tools). This is more of an ongoing concern rather than a current week-specific issue. Still I'm trying to learn perl so I can automate parsing the debugging logs and gleaning useful tidbits :-)

I finally started using the Emacs Planner Mode for managing my tasks and appointments. And It is awesome! Even if you are never going to use Emacs (a very unfortunate decision IMHO) or the planner mode the planner.el file is worth reading for the essay it has on planning, life and reactive/creative work. Highly recommended!

Well, better get back to work. Will keep ya posted :-) !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home